What will your legacy be? Support the birds and education programs that you have cared about throughout your lifetime, beyond your lifetime by including a legacy gift to the Grange Insurance Audubon Center or other Audubon program.
Leaving a gift to Grange Insurance Audubon Center in your will or trust, by beneficiary designation, or another form of planned gift can make a lasting difference to our work. Many gifts cost you nothing now, there is no minimum contribution, and you are not locked into a decision you make today.
There are many ways to make a legacy gift to Grange Insurance Audubon Center, including:
- Naming us in your will or living trust.
- Designating us as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of an IRA. This strategy may have important tax benefits for your heirs and your estate. Please see our information sheet for guidance on beneficiary designation.
- Naming us as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of other brokerage or bank accounts, donor-advised fund, or life insurance policy.
- Setting up a charitable trust or gift annuity to provide lifetime income for yourself or members of your family now, and a future gift to Grange Insurance Audubon Center. Please contact us to discuss these options.
If you are interested in updating your will or adding a codicil to include Grange Insurance Audubon Center as a beneficiary, please consult with your attorney. The following sample paragraph may be helpful to your attorney:
I bequeath __________ (dolar amount or % of estate) to the National Audubon Society, a not-for-profit organization, with its principal offices located at 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014. Tax ID#13-1624102. This gift should be directed to and used for programs at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center located at 505 W. Whittier St. Columbus, OH 43215.
Tax laws encourage contributions to charitable organizations. The tax advantages vary with the nature of the gift and the donor's financial circumstances. Although tax savings to the donor or his/her estate are not usually the primary reason for making a contribution, they can be a factor in determining the size of the gift and the method of payment.
Ready to take the next step?
- Contact us for additional information or for assistance in determing which type of gift may be right for you.
- Tell us about your gift! Members of our Grinnell Legacy Society enjoy a variety of benefits, including uninterrupted service to Audubon magazine and reduced paper mail. Information you provide is not legally binding, and we honor all requests for anonymity.
Shari Kolding, CAP, Director of Gift Planning
Leigh Ann Miller, Executive Director
Grange Insurance Audubon Center
505 W. Whittier Street
Columbus, OH 43215