Audubon Comes to You - new for 2018!
Our newest program, Audubon Comes to You, provides experiences in Central Ohio classrooms and daycamps! These 1 1/2 hour programs include an engaging presentation to get children excited about the STEM topic at hand and continue with an interactive hands-on activity to reinforce learning. Optional 1 hour add-on outdoor adventure experiences are available and will give children the opportunity to explore and connect with the world around them in their own schoolyard or camp location!
• Available for Grades K- 5
• School year and summer visits are available
• $100 per 1 1/2 hour classroom or daycamp visit OR $175 per 2 1/2 hour classroom or daycamp visit with outdoor adventure experience - 20% discount on additional visit booked for same day
• Program Topics: Birding Basics (K), Living vs. Non-Living (K), Basic Needs (1st), Habitats (1st/2nd), Environmental Impacts (2nd), Life Cycles (3rd), Adaptations (3rd/4th), Invasive Species (4th), Food Chain (5th), MIgration (5th), Symbiosis (5th)
Please contact Zack Hribar, Audubon Outreach Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-545-5481 for more information or to schedule your Audubon Comes to You program.
Conservation Club - new for the 2018-2019 school year!
Join our new Conservation Club open to middle schoolers grades 6-8! Explore conservation issues impacting our community, take real-world hands-on conservation action, learn about STEM-based careers and meet like-minded teenagers! Meetings will consist of guest professionals in STEM-based careers, conservation action days, fieldtrips, an opportunity to complete and present a STEM-based project and an end-of-year three-day camp experience with overnight!
For more information or to join the club, please contact educator Chrissie Wilson at email@example.com or 614-545-5480.
Conservation Classroom Single Day Field Trips
Bring your students to the Grange Insurance Audubon Center for a unique field trip in the heart of the city. Our two-hour educational programs meet STEM and state standards while acting as a supportive extension of your classroom by providing hands-on experiences through observations, explorations and investigations in the Grange Insurance Audubon Center and surrounding Scioto-Audubon Metro Park habitats.
• Available for Grades K- 8
• Dates based on availability between 9 am and 3 pm weekdays throughout the year
• School Year field trips as well as Summer field trips are available
• $175 per session (includes up to 25 students and 2 chaperones) - additional $7 per each additional student and chaperone
• Program Topics: Bird Study, Aquatic Habitat Explorations, Habitat Discoveries, Operation Conservation
For more information or to schedule your Conservation Classroom Single Day Field Trip, please contact Allison Clark, Education Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-545-5482
Conservation Classroom Year-Long Partnership Experiences
Conservation Classroom is a unique partnership opportunity for classrooms to engage in meaningful learning experiences throughout the entire school year. This partnership includes an introduction visit in the classroom and three follow-up field trips to the center and park in fall, winter and spring. Transportation to and from the Grange Insurance Audubon Center is arranged and provided through the center. The scientific process comes alive through programs reinforcing writing, science and math skills, all the while connecting students with nature and instilling an apprecation for the environment around them. This program is generously funded by donors, allowing availability at a very reasonable cost to each classroom. A limited number of partnerships are available each year and fill quickly.
Interested in learning more or being added to our wait list? Please contact Allison Clark, Education Program Manager, at email@example.com or 614-545-5482 in early spring.